Know More About Us
Singapore, November 2013 – Nexia TS is pleased to congratulate Mr Ong Tze Boon as the winner of inaugural SOE – Nexia TS Entrepreneur of the year award. The award ceremony was held at the Grand Mandarin Ballroom at Mandarin Orchard Singapore on 1 November 2013 with Mr. Teo Ser Luck, Minister of States, Minister of Trade of Industry as the guest-of-honour.
About SOE – Nexia TS Entrepreneur of the Year Award SOE
Nexia TS Entrepreneur of the Year Award, the highest accolade of the SOE Awards, honours the entrepreneurial and learning journeys of past award winners, upholding them as inspiration for others. This Award is given to past SOE honourees whose businesses have shown significant progress since they were conferred with the SOE award. Nexia TS is pleased to be associated with these entrepreneurs as they uphold the spirit of enterprise.
About Spirit of Enterprise (SOE)
Spirit of Enterprise was established on 21 February 2003, with a mission to promote and advance entrepreneurship in Singapore by honouring local entrepreneurs operating small and medium-sized businesses; and to inspire Singaporeans, especially the young, to become entrepreneurs through education and communication between students and entrepreneurs. SOE is a non-profit and non-governmental charity organisation, funded solely through the generosity of its patrons, and driven by a volunteer Board of Governors comprising established entrepreneurs, corporate senior management, and public service and political leaders.
About SOE Award
The SOE Award is an annual national award conferred to deserving business entrepreneurs to honour their outstanding achievements. It aims to recognise our local entrepreneurs’ courage, perseverance and innovation in their journey of entrepreneurship. These local entrepreneurs serve to become role models for our young Singaporeans to emulate and to inspire the youths to take the bold step in becoming enterprising entrepreneurs.
Now in its 11th year, the criteria for SOE Awards are:
1. Entrepreneurial Spirit and Leadership: Demonstrates capability to realise and sustain vision and business as well as perseverance to overcome adversity or challenges.
2. Personal Integrity and Ethics: Adheres to ethical business conduct, and implements and exercises fair business practices within the Company.
3. Financial Performance of Company: Shows good track record of business growth and long-term sustainability.
4. Business Impact: Pioneers new technology or business approach, and/or has implemented innovative solutions within the company to improve productivity, deliver service excellence, and expand market share, etc.
5. Community Impact: Makes a positive impact on job creation, and the community they serve and operate in.
Nexia TS is a member firm of the “Nexia International” network. Nexia International Limited does not deliver services in its own name or otherwise. Nexia International Limited and the member firms of the Nexia International network (including those members which trade under a name which includes the word NEXIA) are not part of a worldwide partnership. Nexia International Limited does not accept any responsibility for the commission of any act, or omission to act by, or the liabilities of, any of its members. Each member firm within the Nexia International network is a separate legal entity.